y4pcT1JaIwGptQJPO6l_mZmgv34 tiffin unboxed: Mad Men Parties

Mad Men Parties

My Mad Men love does not end with just watching the show.

Even prior to the series, I've always had an extreme fondness for vintage clothing, accessories and housewares - particularly mid-century.


One of my favorite vintage stores, Playclothes Vintage Fashions, once had a Mad Men theme party complete with runway show, costume contest vintage appetizers and cocktails, live music and Janie Bryant, the show's costume designer.

People did not hold back with their style, as the photos below display.

bartender



I love the women in the vintage nightgowns!



The fashion show begins.









Janie Bryant announced each look. Playclothes is one of her favorite boutiques. She possibly obtains clothing and accessories for the show from the store.



My friend, Linda, has thrown several Mad Men parties during the season premiers. They are theme optional.


In addition to serving period food and cocktails, she once provided parting gifts of Utz chips (a former client of Sterling Cooper Draper Pryce ad agency).

I think Matthew Weiner himself would be impressed by this level of detail and we love her for it!

Watch the Mad Men season 5 premier today, 3/25 8/9c on AMC.

My Mad Men avatar - madmenyourself

0 Responses to “Mad Men Parties”:

Leave a comment

Please feel free to provide feedback and comments.